Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm stressed and sick and about to be homeless again.

The long story in a very short amount of time. UC Santa Cruz scrimmaged a B side Stanford and lost 50-17. It wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't exactly good either. Territory wasn't that bad of an issue but possession killed us. It was hard to watch from the sidelines as our defense (if it had applied a modicum of pressure) could have helped enormously. While scrums were initially fairly steady, our hooker had issues getting the ball back in the second half and our put-ins were being driven back eliminating any possibility of a platform (rucks were a lost cause). Stanford did a good job spreading the ball wide and simultaneous tiring out our pack and creating massive overloads (which they often didn't end up exploiting). It was surprising the sheer amount of knock-ons they had during the first half (that was about the only kind of infringement in the whole game). The three Santa Cruz tries came from our backs. The first was an intercept try, the second by...well I didn't see it but someone told me it was from exploiting a break in their defense, and the third a score on the outside thanks to an overlap. Eh lots of other stuff happened but I have a cold and I'm going to move on. Yea I'm sick. It sucks. I'm stressed 'cause my landlord was layed off and he's moving back in early January so I have to pack out before them. I get out of finals on dec 10 then go home dec 17 and won't be back till the very end of december. Leaving me precious few days to repack my life and move it up to Oakland IF I find a place (NOW) to live and WORK all this DURING finals. Ahhhhhhhhhahaha! Yea and I have a brainsucking deathcold and I can't think. Soooo real life is kicking my ass right now and I'm going to take a nap.

No comments: