Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun at Flanker

My shoulder has been feeling fine all week so I joined in on practice today. Fun stuff, did some forwards work and while the scrum wasn't great, it was holding up a lot better then it was on Tuesday. We ran a full XV vs XV which was fun as hell. Definitely was sloppy and our pack still needs to work together as a unit but it went alright. Ack I think I saw my first broken nose, one of our flanks face planted into someone else...that was pretty rough. Oh so I went in at flank which was magnificently fun and made a number of plowing runs (it's just so damn easy when you aren't grunting away in the front row). Anyhoo captains were elected, field captain is Rebecca "Becca" Rozo-Marsh (#9*), forwards cap is Kari "Lenny" Lentz (#8*) and backs cap is Rosie "Jersey" Chesney (#10*). I'm planning on sending them a packet so they can really review the laws of the game/memorize the damn hand signals. I may be living with one of my rookies family...interesting....hopefully we don't get killed too bad at Stanford ('cause it looks like I'm meeting them there...which is bad timing...with them seeing their daughter play rugby for the first time 'n all). Oh and our prop decided to remix a familiar standard with an operatic version rewritten as "The pitch is alive with the sound of scrummaging!!!"




Isn't it a great picture...now we just need her to redo it in a jersey and perform it before games (what's great is she really is a classically trained opera singer)

alright updates on my life situation and much much more coming up (aren't you excited)

No comments: