Friday, May 11, 2007

School Fun

So I was definitely a better student when I had 6am practice. Now I sleep in and catch up on foreign films (A Bittersweet Life, A Fistful of Dollars [to contrast with Yojimbo], and Barefoot Gen [for my wwii memories] and tune out of school. I'm about a week and a half behind/two weeks and am screwing myself over in 3/4 of my classes. Kinda scary. So I'm saying it in here to get back on track. *sigh* it's so much easier to be a student athlete.

mmm what else...Chico made a website! Now I should get off my lazy duff and put one up for us. I mean usarugby used the pic from SEVEN years ago for the National Championship program. I mean it's a fitting tribute to our alumni who kept the club going and gave it a base but yea...it would help if we had an updated website (with an alumni page...I really like how Belmont tributes alum).

Random topic...does anyone know where I could get some info on the norcal 7s league? I've kinda looked around a bit and can't really find stuff (I might just be distracted looking for a place and trying to pay my med bills).

Speaking of summer Theresa Champagne e-mailed this to me earlier...Women's Summer Rugby Camp. I'm going to try and go, hopefully I'll be back from Istanbul by them.

Hmm last random topic of the day is sports photography....



This is just a great pic of the two forwards captains of the day. Kinda funny what happens in a split-second eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at that picture and caption; not easy to do at 10:30 at night (at least 3:30a old lady time). Keep up the great work on DII women's coverage. Stay ahead of the heap -- Western Oregon will be gunnin' for you again next year.

Anonymous said...

My teammates showed this to me, and I laughed my ass off for about ten minutes. I'm that girl who looks like she's trying to kiss your 8-man (who was really good and really nice, just for the record). Hilarious!

I also just wanted to add that Iowa State thought that your team was very friendly and played a great game. You play good, clean rugby and we respect and admire that; that's how we like to play, too.

Good luck next season!

-Denna Morgan, loosehead prop for ISU

KLK said...

Heh, glad you two enjoyed the picture! We'll try our best to be back for next season so both of you can take another go at us =]

-Kerrie (#2)

ps WOW the announcers took there time getting their teams straight