Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm in school?

Heh, yea...back to being a student...pretty pleasant actually. It involves a lot of sleep.

So....what to learn about Saturday? I've been playing rugby for a wee bit over three years, I've won a DII National Championship and lost one. Coolbeans.

To be honest I'm struggling with the dichotomy of reactions across the team. Some people are furious, others depressed, some are proud, and others are ashamed.

I played a solid game, but it wasn't up to par for me, I didn't push myself the right way, I didn't prepare myself the right way I couldn't seem to push myself and all the while my housemate was tearing everyone to shreds with a separated shoulder and broken shoulderblade. Hence the guilt. I can make all the excuses in the world (and believe me, I have them) but really it comes down to fitness, communication, and mental discipline. This is how I failed my teammates and this is how I'm going to improve my rugby game.

I've go 7s to test out this regime. So there, I've said it. I'm guilty and prepared for the consequences.

But yea, other things, as a team we need to improve the attitudes of non-starters. I think I'm going to post my freshman posts, when I was young and ambitious. I want them chomping at the bit because I'm going to be. That's the reason for having depth...not just injury, but real intense opposition at every practice. We fell into the DII rut of complacency. So lots of lessons learned yeh?

I'm psyched for next year, it may seem ridiculous that it took losing "THE" game to get into the game but...well, it happened. Time to get fixin'.

No comments: