Thursday, March 29, 2007

You Can't Go From 0% to 100%...

...but apparently if you bust your ass enough you can get to 75%! Whoever said front-row can't turn on a dime. Anyyhoo I finally broke my failing streak and my final grades for the quarter are....

Intro to Social Movements CMMU101 C
European Intellectual History HIS178A C+
Global Organization POL160B C


HA!!!! I'm staying in school I'm staying in school! And I didn't even have to petition my provost this time. Which also means I'll be around for post-play.

Which makes it a good thing that I've been doing a little bit of cardio on the side. So yesterday my housemates and I decided to do some lineout practice, so we warmed up, did some sprints and then got to lifting. One of my housemates friend who play for Cal was our jumper. My throws were pretty atrocious, I need to use my core more for my short ball, but it's just so weird 'cause you feel like you're just gonna knuckball it. Plus the wind sucked. I need to practice more....good thing my gf is a lock and we live across the street from a park.

Well anyhoo they decided to go wine tasting after practice and I decided to go for a bike ride up Empire Grade...it was INSANE. I was biking up a mountain and being a stubborn person I didn't want to stop riding till I hit a stopping point. 8.3 miles of uphill mountain climbing...I never felt so ridiculous in my life. Halfway up I got some encouragement from a cyclist and a guy driving a truck in the opposite direction. Ever turn got steeper and steeper. Finally made it to Icecream grade just as my water ran out. There was nothing there, it was a volunteer fire station...ugh so I took a few pictures, turned around, and biked 8.3 miles downhill back. Frickin ridiculous ride on a hybrid.




Oh, lastly our challenge match against the lowest D1 team (Reno) is mandatory this year so we can't skip out. Ughhh another ride to Reno.

No comments: