Tuesday, March 27, 2007

NOVA won Nashbash...

um let's see what else...cal played the All Blues and according to a visiting cal scrum-half...well...one of their wingers juked Laura Cabrera (TWICE) and she fell on her butt. Yup, well our Berkeley/bay area kids are doing good keeping in shape. My ass died at kickboxing last night, and my scrum-half housemate was assigned as a LOCK for Pelicans. She's never locked before, is probably...ohhh 5'5" 150 ish of solid muscle and a flanker/scrum-half/utility back. Our house is turning into a tight five! All of this is interesting news as she heads out to Utah for the Grizzly Shield in about five days or so.

On another note....UGH!!! Hurry up and post my grades!!! C and Above C and Above!

So one of my housemates was given an offer to go to a developmental camp for rugby LEAGUE. I had a vague idea what league was about...13 players, uncontested scrums yada yada...well she was curious so I got a rugby league game to watch. OMIGOD it is so weird. It's a major mix of football(US), union, and touch. No flankers, scrums are a fricken formality (not even an engage), tackles are gang bangs, no lineouts, rucks.....it's just weird! You have 6 tackles to get a try or you kick the ball away like football, after the tackle the defense has to move back ten yards (excluding two people who can be up), the tacklers lay on top of the ball carrier till their defense is in position, then they let the ballcarrier get up, roll the ball under his legs and poof the ball is in play again! WHHHHHAAAAT?

Anyhoo...more later...I just want my grades!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eh, you did kickboxing? WAAAAAAAT?! I want to kickbox :P