Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MMO problemo

So...I dunno...reading the whole bioware debate and while I haven't finished reading the comments it kinda came to me that you could have players playing both sides, good evil and in between. Warlords would naturally arise with those Cheetos eating obsessed elites and the casual gamer could be pawns in these wars. Good would fight evil naturally and thieves would exploit any diversion of their attention. Obtaining rank would give you the ability to command and use pooled resources, poor leadership would result in revolts etc. There would be good and evil bases, strongholds and castles to be conquered. Quests could actually be meaningful, like killing out a scout brigade spotted in a certain area. People would say casual gamers wouldn't touch the game but I think they still would, they just wouldn't be getting the full exp and I think that's what would motivate them to move up from armchair gaming to full fledged mountain dew chugging glory. meh. random.

On a side note...I hate fucking redundant battles. Watching Lenny play for 3 hours straight fighting the same damn things that she fought for 5 hours yesterday made me want to cry. Also...I don't support genocide. WTF is with RPGs? I guess I never really noticed it before. But seriously I love how saving the planet involves killing every fucking thing in sight...

No comments: