Sunday, December 10, 2006

Eureka! [non-rugby related blog]

So I sat in a puddle of water and cat food with four cats crapping in a litter box by my feet for 7 1/2 hours to visit my rookie over winter break. What can I say...I'm a good vet. Anyhoo I've thus far determined that Norcal kids are odd people. True norcal kids think that driving through trees and rockslides are normal occurrences. Yessssss my precious odd children that is completely logical to have freeways without traffic. Anyhoo on a gaming note I'm watching the kid play FFXII and I'm simultaneously impressed and depressed. Impressed on the improvement of the battles from static off map occurrences to dynamic world organic ecologies(ready for you to slaughter). Or more so then normal. What am I disappointed in? The potential to be a mature open ended non-linear game with powerful narrative possibilities that are wasted in favor of making their perfect peroxide blondes more shiny.

Project Kanpur Returns damnit! I'll elaborate more on said project when I'm not starving my balls off.

No comments: