Monday, February 16, 2009

International Rugby Fan

For the record in my last post I mentioned my lack of interest in men's rugby. I should correct that...I don't care about the domestic men's game. International rugby however....is a whole different can of worms! My favorite national teams are (in order of importance) Wales, Argentina, Australia (and at the very least ANYBODY who is playing England!). I'm a big 6 Nations fan and Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Ireland, and England (not by skill but by emotional attachment). H-cup I've been all about Bath (although it sucks about stevens) which is pretty ironic given my rancor towards the English National team but it's probably because all the pricks play for the wasps or falcons. In past years I like the Ospreys and Stade Franceis...it's weird to see Cardiff on top of the charts. Tri-nations I'm all about Australia 'cause Matt Gitteau is brilliant and cute and Deans has been doing an alright job. Super 14 I'm a fan of Western Force for the same reasons. Men's 7s I like everybody except NZ. Anything regarding the women's international game and I'll actually support the Eagles (despite the fact that I'll give mad props to the black ferns Richards is my all time hero). Women's 6 Nations I'll stick with Wales...nifty that they managed to get 2nd last year off of kicks. My world XV is probably an odd mess of players who would never slot in together but I will give a list of faves and asshats.

****Let it be noted that these are the opinions of a fan and not meant to be analytical or represent any sort of critical thought in the slightest...that is an entirely different matter altogether. This is merely a silly little list of school girl-like crushes and bitter anti-English grudges****


The Cool Kids
---------------
Gethin Jenkins (fit, fast, great hands)
Lee Meers (ok maybe I just like that his nickname is "the little pig"
Matt Stevens (stupid drugs!)
Victor Matfield (no explanation necessary)
The whole Argentinian Pack (nuff said)
Martin Williams (OG and awesome)
Ryan Jones (despite lack of form currently)
George Smith (OG and awesome)
Sergio Parrisse (good hands good leadership)
Dwayne Peel (I just love him ok)
Mike Blair (I might just love him more, footwork, leadership, great field vision and darts)
Juan Martin Hernandez (world cup...I was def. in the camp that thought he should stick to fullback when he first started insisting that he could play fly...man was I wrong and man am I glad I was wrong)
Luke Macallister
Augustin Pichot
Shane Williams
Lee Byrne
+ more

Asshats
---------
Dylan Hartley (cocky asshat)
Mike Phillips (for trying to grubber the ball through the English defense like 7+ times and being a cocky asshat)
Andrew Sheridan
Jonny Wilkinson (for being the most fragile sonnava bitch ever)
Toby Flood
actually can I just say the entire English backline?
Danny Grewcock
Piri Weepu
Ali Williams
Jean-Baptiste Élissalde (because he's a scrum-half...stop trying)
Ronan O'Gara (see Jonny Wilkinson)
BOD (over-rated)
Gordon D'arcy (asshat)
The Lamont brothers (see Jonny Wilkinson...let the Evans brothers play...they can actually tackle and score!)
I'm sure I hate more people but anyhoo

Tomorrow is my first practice with the ABs and hopefully I can get some help on my hip problem. Ugh it's probably going to be rainy...which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't ride my bike everywhere. =p More updates and women's rugby later! (this post is probably the result of me missing USA 7s due to money issues and a lack of a car).

No comments: