Saturday, December 06, 2008

Wrapping it all up.

My senior seminar final is over. One class down, two to go. It's really just small things now...8 page paper aside (it wouldn't be bad but I've run out of things to discuss in the class). I have about a week after Wednesday to get my shit clean and packed, fix the car, say goodbye to my cat, and move. Bleh. The list gets shorter and I wish it wouldn't. It's weird leaving my family here at UCSC, the team and others. We had an Olympic lifting clinic instead of our normal practice which was fun 'cause I got to hang out with all the kids and learn something new. I did olympic lifting through high school and I never really got it until now. A big thanks to our volleyball coach and OPERS staff for taking there time to help us out on this. I got a nice farewell after practice, heh a 35 odd person group hug...the club has grown so frickin much. Now we just need the infrastructure to adjust to the numbers. It's weird thinking that in a week I'm not going to see these women three times a week...I mean 4 years of habit is gonna be hard to change.

Lots of exciting things are happening locally in rugby land. Our alumni Vanessa Wilson is trying to start a HS team at Santa Cruz High School, the students she works with in Watsonville HS are also interested in starting a rugby team. She's looking for help in that regard so if anyone lives in the south bay area and wants to help out just leave a comment and I can hook you up there. There's so much rugby developing in the South Bay just as I'm leaving it =p ehehe oh well it's all good. The more rugby the better, right? I wish I could help more then I am, I'm just loaning her a few rugby games on dvd.

Berkeley apparently doesn't start up again until February =p at which point I'll for sure have a job and then I get to worry about scheduling conflicts. On the plus side UC Berkeley appears to have a packed calendar so I ought to be able to watch and or participate with somebody. Maybe I can get a UCB gym pass for Christmas...

What else, speaking of fitness it's pretty nifty, we've got a number of girls in the south bay (LA) and I think I can convince them to go train with Belmont over break. The landsharks are doing fitness/light drills with their mens team on Tues-Thurs and hopefully I can convince our kids to go out and train with them. So hopefully a few of them can play 7s with them over summer or something. (I'll be down for two of these practices and I'm looking forward to getting my ass kicked!)

Right, and here's a lovely short film by Jessica Vazquez from Sac State (damnit and I could've been in it too if my car had been working...and yknow...I wasn't terrified of driving). It's an awesome film so check it out.


No comments: