Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sweet! I might have dislocated my hip. Yes. My hip.

Isn't that cool?? It's only finals week, right before I move out of my house, have to visit the fam....alright alright I know I've already given the long list before but j@#@# c@#@Qt of all the luck! Hopefully it's nothing major but I'll find out on Tuesday. Until then I don't know what to do. Ice, rest, Ice, rest, arnica, Ice, rest. Ugh. I wish I knew what it was...it was just a bunch of snaps in my hip region/side of my leg when I went down in a tackle (my stupid fault looking for the offload in a scrappy scrimmage). I knew something wasn't right but it didn't hurt that bad and I tried to walk it off but my legs were super shaky from the adrenaline. After taking a walk I started to feel it more and my leg just felt like dead weight that was pulling my leg out of it's hip socket. Basically my leg just feels like it's falling off so um I'm just figuring dislocation. I can walk if I severely limit my range of motion but I can't take stairs or lift my leg vertically without the "falling out of its socket uncomfortable gross and ghostly sensation". Erm. So. I hope it's alright. If anyone has any ideas I'd love for you to comment. This sucks but such is life. Maybe I'll actually write my last two essays...heh...

3 comments:

K Train said...

True hip dislocations are very rare in healthy 20 somethings. More likely it's a hip pointer or subluxation (essentially a partial dislocation.) Either way they are very acute when they happen. I had a subluxation two springs ago, it took a solid 3 months before it was fully healed. I now have snapping hip syndrome. So take it easy :)

KLK said...

yeesh, so I'm googling away of course but what did it take for you to get healed up? Snapping hip syndrome doesn't sound good at all. Is it a surgery thing or just lots and lots of rest?

KLK said...

heh, I'm hoping to all shit that this is a hip pointer (non-fracture) and not a subluxation...ahhh!