Friday, January 11, 2008

Post-Apocalypse 100th post

Well if you're wondering why my posts have dropped off the fact is I was saving up my posts so I could hit the big 100 on the first practice of my last season at UCSC (which happened on Monday). But yea, then a few nukes were dropped on the teams lap and I've been too busy just trying to handle it. Basically we had some unexpected losses that hurt emotionally just as much as they impact ourselves as a team. I've been struggling to keep my view of the situation empirical because frankly I can't deal with the emotional side of things right now. I'll admit it really shoved me at the crossroads of whether to become a spectator/fan or continue playing but really, I'm going to stick with it as long as I can and play for fun and to provide guidance for all those silly little munchkins we call rookies.

That being said we have a scrimmage this weekend against UC Berkeley, and we'll see how we can stack up *sigh*. My personal goal? Win league. We gotta win league. Oh sidenote stanford is playing belmont shore on like the 26th? It'll be interesting to look at the result (unfortunately we have a dii tournament). OH other bummer news...our stupid ultimate club wrecked our home pitch so now we'll have to use the stupid effin top field that is always rained in/closed. GREAAAAT. I looooooooooove indoor circuit training. Blergh so yea...very sarcastically happy 100th post.

No comments: