Monday, November 05, 2007

Slug Fest '07

Woo! I can't move my neck! I'm missing a ligament in my right forearm! I have a dead leg that just won't go away! And my middle finger is jammed! Slug Fest went pretty cool, our rookies learned a lot. I can only really speak about our scrums and we were teaching A LOT of new props and locks and hell they did really well. I can't tell you scores because I was front row the entire time and lord knows we have no memory. We won 3 out of the 4 games...beat SLO, UCLA, and Sac State and Humboldt beat us so fun games all around. The tournament was kind of a weird bracket hybrid (I think someone was watching too many world cup matches). Chico and...I want to Humboldt came out on top. It was bloody hot for Santa Cruz with the weather at 80 degrees. We had lots of teams come out: Sac State, Humboldt, Reno, Chico, Davis, SLO, UCLA, and us...pretty damn cool turnout.


Lots of interesting comments were being slung around on goff and now the comments section on articles have vanished...odd.

What else...lots of hostility towards Flores...I think she's running a damn tight ship with the national team and I trust her...but who really cares what a DII collegiate hooker thinks anyhoo.

I really need to get on track with school. The quarter is halfway over...I need to get on this shit.

more on slugfest + pictures later.

oh and a TON of our kids have rolled ankles...what the hell our pitch isn't that bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, the Goff comments are still there. They just load slowly...

KLK said...

hmm, I selected (send email with comments) and now they aren't displayed on the site... weird

KLK said...

and now they're back...hmm...weird

Lee said...

I second you on the support for Flores. Bit intimidating but she's definitely a good coach. I think most of the complaints center on selections. Everyone has their regional pride and thinks their region should be more represented, yada yada yada.