Friday, October 05, 2007

updates

It's been an interesting summer surrounded by the hot young women's rugby stars (present and future) from the pac northwest. Amara and her sister made All American as well as other fabulous honors. Went to a lot of camps...I dunno...resparked my love of rugby. There's been a lot of planning going on behind the scenes with our coaches, captains, and players to make this year different and so far its really been working. Practice is awesome, quick, and efficient. I'm really pushing myself to do drills at pace and I'm actually sore almost on a daily basis (which is pretty damn good). I dunno, the power structure in our team is great. We have a whole batch of rookies that are coming along nicely and for fucksake Argentina is into the quarter-finals...HA. I mean Wales are out but hell, to be honest they were never in the game.

Other announcements...
All blues are holding another collegiate clinic next Sunday Oct 14, 9:30-4pm. 25 bucks for an all day clinic on the always beautiful SFGG pitch on Treasure Island. I feel like I've spent half the summer on that pitch and they seriously need to pull out that stop sign on the freeway entrance...cause its damn near suicidal in a student car trying to go from 0-70 in two seconds before a car rear-ends ya. Ok back to the point, the All Blues have been doing a terrific job improving collegiate women's rugby in the area. The initiative which seems to have started this summer just shows how much a top tier club team can contribute to their area. I mean realistically I know its a long term investment, providing young players with the fundamentals of the modern game thus saving the time normally spent re-teaching the college player the foundations of the game. I mean for a measly 25 bucks you can develop the fundamentals so you can start playing the sport correctly from day 1!

Well anyhoo...I'm going...even if I have to ditch my job (never work with money!) and hopefully some of our rookies will be free as well. As is we have about forty players! Heh..its been a long long while since we won the national championship with a team of 17 girls. We have a preseason chock full of excitement, including playing fellow runners up at the national level...dun nuh nuhhhh Stanford. Of course we'll be playing their b-side but hey I've certainly gotten better at scrummaging since that time their pack FLIPPED ours. Also I hope our team goes to Stanford 10s.

Hmm I'm on the right track in terms of exercise but I need to fix my damn food situation or I'll never make pelicans. *sigh*

What else....oh some of our youngins are off at the grizzly u19 tryouts tomorrow...they'd better do Santa Cruz proud! Relations with the boys team are improving....annnnnd I guess that's it for now.

Oh and I'm a TA for broadcast journalism, working, and taking twenty units. HA!

No comments: