Friday, October 12, 2007

Grizzlies, blog readers, pumas, and bathrooms

1st off I totally forgot to mention the fact that one of our kids made it to the second lvl of u19 grizzly tryouts and was invited to seattle...so congrats to Olivia "Guinness" Estrada.

2nd I quickly threw another hit counter on the blog and I'm pretty happy that 8 whole people have started reading my blog again ^^;

3rd ze pumas are into the semis! against south africa.....not so cool...but hey I'm still backing the pumas....and please dear god will the French beat the snot out of the bloody poms...please!!!

4th The Bathroom Issue Hell @(*#&&(@#&(*@# yeah! I cut my hair in my 2nd year of college, its just comfortable for me. I don't identify as trans, I don't really consider myself to be butch and yet left and right I'm mistaken as a boy. Initially I corrected people but after the months rolled by and the hostile reactions to my polite clarifications I frankly gave up. Most people just pretended they misheard me and continued calling me by male pronouns or would become flustered and start calling me "it" (one of the best instances was a flight attendant who argued quite fiercely with me over my own sex and gender). Whatever, that's just how it is, but public bathrooms...SUCK. When one uses a public restroom it is because you have a base and natural need, it is not something that will resolve itself, and if each day that routine task causes confrontation...if your core identity has to be questioned and battered every single day...let me just tell you it's wearing. Ugh. more later. less later. I don't know. I'm happy someone is suing

2 comments:

Scrumhalf Connection said...

I read that article as well, and I have to agree that bathrooms suck. I used to correct people as well, but it never did anything, so I just duck my head and get in and out as fast as I can. Airports are the WORST!

Lee said...

It's amazing how automatically people associate short hair with being male even when everything else points to the person being female. Once while we were recruiting for the team, a mother said to one of our girls, "They let boys on the team too?!"