Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So you might not have noticed...

But yea my enthusiasm for rugby/this blog kinda was at an all time low over break. I didn't work out, I didn't really keep up with the rookies...and I wasn't gushing about the fifty million different aspects of the game that I love like I normally do. This is mainly because I was barred from my school and was dealing with re-arranging my life to cope with complete and utter financial independence from my family when they disowned me. Most of my break was spent figuring out how I could work full time and take the proper classes at a community college to ensure readmission in fall. Probably the most heartbreaking thing was when my gf mentioned that all she wanted for Christmas was to play a match with me again (she's a flanker/8/lock and I'm a hooker). I got back to school early in order to seal up my appeal letter and do all that I could to convince my provost to give me one last quarter to improve my grades. Although it pained me to do so I continued to show up for practice in order to help coach and motivate the rookies and teammates that my life had come to revolve around. It was killing me that just as I was starting to really mature as a player (other teams coaches were consistently coming up to my coach and complementing my play) my career would have to go on such a long and possibly permanent hiatus.

BUT LUCKILY MY APPEAL WENT THROUGH! BITCHED! HA!


So I'm technically supposed to take the quarter off rugby...nothing says that it's a requirement...mwahahaaaa and I am taking 12 credits.........and all I have to do is pull off C's....

SO FUCKYEA I'm playing this quarter! Time to rock this league!

We've got a training camp with Berkeley this weekend probably up at Treasure Island, I'll update more info when I get it. Belmont Shore is going up to play FOG and Berkeley at Steuber Stadium. I'm going to try and come out and support them on Sunday.

I still have a keg in my courtyard from the social and I intend to take my lady out for a nice steak meal tonight. I guess the moral of the story is for us college athletes to remember that we're students first. But really?? Who cares man...as long as I know my beb'll be there to give me a hand up and a kiss the next time there's a collapsed scrum.

-Kerrie
the Number 1 Number 2 of the Number 1 Division 2 Collegiate team in the nation!

No comments: