Tuesday, April 01, 2008

T-Minus 3 Days Until we fly to Washington

Ahhh and it's going to snow! I'm from SoCal...like Southern California...I can take rain in Santa Cruz but I'm used to sunny warm days with a gentle cooling breeze. I've seen snow once! How do you dress? What do you wear when playing rugby in slush/rain/snow ahhh that's terrifying. If any ruggers abroad have tips for snow now would really be the time to chip in. *sigh* I only own two pairs of pants and they're both jeans. *grumble* oh and it's 6 o'clock practice which is doing wonders for my illness. We were doing drills for 30 minutes in the dark. Blah blah blah need to fundraise...what else.

Ohh I saw Wendy's article and shot a brief msg to their webmaster...mainly just talking about how Iowa State beat us last year and for fucksake to give women's rugby credit in their LAU.

Oh so beyond early morning practices our flight leaves from San Jo at 6am...so we get to wake up at 3-4...grumble mutter grumble. Maybe I'm just tired and wheezy and sick of coughing but it really is exciting...I'm just not the peppy person. It's so weird practicing contact again... what else..
The seeding is firming up for Elite 8s in New Mexico:

1 Midwest #1 University of Minnesota- Duluth
2 Pacific #1
3 Northeast #1
4 Southern Cal #1 Claremont College
5 South #1 East Carolina
6 Mid-Atlantic #1 Shippensburg
7 West #1
8 Pacific #2

Well Pacific will be settled this weekend and if Norwich doesn't get Northeast I'll have my socks shocked off. Dunno what's going on in West. Well off to my 6 hour block of class. 9 days till my birthday. There were a lot of numbers in this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how washington goes. We're playing up there in a couple weeks and heaven forbid the weather is something other than the 70 deg and sunny we're used to :P

KLK said...

heh roger that

Unknown said...

I think this post is the funniest thing I've ever read. I'm originally from Northern California (colder than Santa Cruz, but not by much) but went to college and currently live near Philadelphia. This reminds me of my roommate and I going out to buy winter coats our freshman year. I think she said "it's fucking cold" every single day from October until May.

When I would hang out at Christmas time with my best friend from high school who went to UCSB I had to reminder her every time that we weren't in SoCal anymore and to put some goddamn clothes on.

Good luck and borrow some warm clothing! Playing rugby in the cold stinks!