Sunday, February 03, 2008

UCSC WRFC vs Santa Clara WRFC

We won the match 20-0 against a very solid team. We scored four tries in the first half and were held scoreless in the second. I definitely wish I could have been in this one but I've decided (or rather my leg decided) to sit out another week (it's two weeks till the next game). Santa Clara's acting scrum-half did a good job interfering with our nine and they had a very physical squad that had a number of great punching runs. Our squad improved on sticking their tackles, mauling off lineouts, and...that's about it. Our offense should have been tighter in the second half...but our field was in no state for sharp backs play and the wet weather and staunch defense from Santa Clara kept us out of the 2nd half score sheet. Yea...I really wanted to play damnit!

Our next match is against St. Mary's and Santa Clara's next match is Sac State...I'll try and remember to post the other scores in our league and yea I can actually post pictures because unlike the chaivis game...someone actually took some!

No comments: