Monday, June 25, 2007

Well that was a clean sweep....

of losses =] And it was fun damnit! We played with Naima from Chico and Suzzanne from Cal and a few girls from BASH. It was definitely a fun but casual tournament for the women, with our only competition being an amalgam of San Jose players (mostly alum?) and a Cal/All Blues mash-up. Oh..I should mention that our jerseys were the awful margarine colored shirts we made for regional playoffs...oh ad the only sizes left were youth medium and small! Needless to say it was like running around in a corset for my fat ass. Nearly beat cal/berkeley the first game, lost to san jose, then lost to cal/berkeley again. Ran into Petrie at the tournament but I don't think she recognized me. She did set up contact with Amara for some sort of whores match with a few teams including Belmont Shore! Well anyhoo that'll be a hoot. We learned a lot in our games and it's always a bit of a switch up avoiding contact and all that. We ran in a good number of tries but our defense was pretty sluggish. I scored a try which was fun, and made my own conversion (to the chagrin of anyone watching). Weather was pretty nice too
Oh and there was this article. Palo Alto ArticleA local news class was out filming and did a number of interviews with various women's teams...I wonder if the footage will surface on the net. Ykno if it does I'm on it.

Well it's been nice chatting about rugby again (especially now that I know my grades: B+, B+, B+, A-!!!) Ha! Well I'll be off in Turkey so I won't really be able to blog so peace out yeh

No comments: