Thursday, May 15, 2008

remembering what it means to be sore

and man does it suck. I jogged to the local park on tuesday (8 blocks total =p). Hiked across campus and went to practice yesterday and running felt a lot better on turf. Biked my ass off today...but yea my quads are killing me. My hammy seems to be ok and my sprint is getting faster again but my knee still lacks flexibility. Dunno what I'm going to do about that. I'm starting to bike again at night to combat my insomnia. It's fun and freeing and makes me feel like I can fly (or make 50m in 5s ahahaaaa jk).


Oh and I got a job...I'm doing work crew this summer...so moving furniture, cleaning, painting, and then moving the furniture back. So I should get thrashed this summer...only problem is they only pay once a month =p so I may need a second job...hopefully not in cash control again. Right...and I don't have anywhere to live *sigh*. I may live out of my car.


Alumni Game this weekend..I'm not looking forward to that...last year they smashed us and all the kids refuse to take the game seriously...*sigh*. I care less about this game...I wanna beat fog...I wanna win my last college game even if this one doesn't count. I wish my tighthead was here though. Oh and we'll be getting the good pics from washington PCRFU playoffs soon (I know it took foreeeeeeeeeevver) but here are some nice ones from Nationals in Albuquerque.

Despite the warnings to the coaches that dangerous and high tackles were going to be harshly penalized....they weren't. We made our fair share but the crackdown was nowhere to be found. Wayne State in Yellow, UC Santa Cruz WRFU in black and gold

eh just a scrum pic

8 man pic after we stole the ball against the head

Kelsey Setliff a natural born wing at outside center...

Kelly McMahon with the ball and Lynne Freeman in support (Lynne-O being my roommate for four years...)

Making a go for the outside corner Kelly McMahon and Mashawna Miller in support (two lethal runners man they'd be good with some training)

But really to no avail...this was pretty typical of the game. Backs would try and make a run...get smashed (crushed, demolished, decimated etc)..and the forwards would be exhausted trailing a million miles behind

Typical Ship Quality #2: They could strip the ball out of contact/in rucks like kids grabbing candy (gotta say they were better rippers then any of the D1 teams we played in pre-season) the only ball we won was from set piece and that doesn't go very far when you can't retain the ball for more then a few phases


yup so maybe I'll post more later but that's just a few snapshots from the field...hats off to ship...they were one beastly fit and ferocious team

No comments: